AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is the end near?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 7/13/2016 22:28 (#5410234 - in reply to #5410032)
Subject: RE: Is the end near?

North of London
Why would you need to 'interpret' truth?
When something is true, and you would need prove to say it was so, then you do not have to 'interpret' it.

Terms like the 'dark ages' can be confusing.
What time period does it refer to?

Your brand or interpretation of christianity may not have existed in the period you refer to as the Dark Ages but there has been christian religions for 1900 years or so.
Different interpretations have happened and therefore different versions have split off for 1500 years or so.

Now I know each person thinks their version, usually taught to them as a child, is the correct version but they are all based on belief with no evidence to show them to be anything more than imagination.

If civilization was not advancing through this period you call the Dark Ages are you sure it was 'paganism' that was the reason?

There is ample documentation that religious leaders, yes they were christian, in Europe were holding back progress in understanding how things worked by refusing to accept that what was in their old book was not correct.
look at history and you will find that during this time the Mid East with muslim religious persuasion was advancing and that is where the breakthroughs in knowledge were happening. This was mostly because the leaders there allowed open thought and discovery to happen even if it was contrary to their religious teachings.

One of the reasons it was considered a 'backward' or a 'dark' time was because of the breakdown of the Roman empire and the lack of historical writings from that time. There just is not much written history to go on unlike previous periods and later periods.

Paganism refers to all the religions other than the Abraham religions and you are incorrect in labelling me a 'pagan' as i have never found any reason to 'just believe' in any religion. Just as you do not believe in most religions I have never found and evidence to think there are any super natural beings in charge of anything.

Farming has been carried out for thousands of years before christianity was developed.
Look at North America where the natives farmed and cultivated crops like corn selecting and breeding them to be more nutritious and productive than the original.
All this with no christianity until relatively recently and the result of christianity in North America has not been good for those people who were quite successful in surviving here before christianity arrived.

Interesting that you think sacrifice is bad as the bible is full of it.

I guess you can be selective when you interpret history to fit your beliefs since you do not need evidence, facts and proof to just believe in things.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)