AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is the end near?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 7/11/2016 22:45 (#5406182 - in reply to #5404953)
Subject: RE: Is the end near?

North of London
Check back through this thread and you will find several others who have indicated that they understand how the universe works without any magic to explain it.
They probably just have less time available to point out the faults in peoples belief, how 'just believing' in something that there is no evidence of holds back the knowledge that humans need to use to conquer the problems of so many of us living on this planet.
If we 'just believe' the way to farm is the way our fathers and grandfathers did that the old variety of corn we used 50 years ago is the best one but no we are smart enough to use facts and evidence from tests and yield trials to better our ways.

So why would some one 'just believe' a story in an old book explains how the universe works when tests, observations, and facts show a different fact based story updated with the latest knowledge from instruments and equipment that man could not even dream of 100 years ago let alone 1700 when they wrote that old book (Ok parts were written before that but that is when they chose which stories to put in the book).

Why do you need a 'purpose' to be good to your neighbour?
And if you want to be self centred about it being nice to your neighbour gets a nice neighbour for you to benefit from too.

A lot of 'believers' are not nice people and I think lots of people who have never found any evidence to support the belief that a super natural being exists are quite nice.
I also think if you dig down into what lots of people 'believe' in many ways they are as atheistic about lots of gods and in many cases all gods even though they continue to show up at worship services.
I personally know a man in his 80ies who has told me he has no reason to think there is any super natural things around but still attends a church service regularly because he finds it entertaining to visit with his neighbours and 'hear what the old biddies are cackling about this week'.
A good neighbour who has helped me out in the past and I think I have and still do help him out.

What you seems to miss is I try not to just believe in things but try to stick to proven explanations

BTW which god is it you are talking about??
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)