AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low carb ideas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

cattleman4430
Posted 5/1/2016 23:51 (#5277069)
Subject: Low carb ideas

dubuque, ia
I've made the decision to jump on the low carb eating bandwagon. I have a google sheets document set up to help me track my carb intake daily. Looking for insight on low carb meal ideas. Most days for breakfast I have a 2 or 3 egg omelette with a little bit of shredded cheese for breakfast.

My problem comes to lunch time. What can I prepare quickly and easily to be eaten without a whole lot of dishes that is low carb? Seems like I'm either in the school cafeteria, in the tractor cab, in the shop, or at work on a jobsite and never have the capability to cook anything. What can I pack easily? I've pretty well cut out pop from my life and that has helped me drop a few pounds, but I'm embarrassed to admit I could lose another 50 pounds and still be a pretty healthy looking guy.

Another thing is where to find carb content of foods that I didn't prepare, I.E don't have the package to look at? Is there a website or something that has a pretty major list of foods, or does a guy just google each food or..?

I appreciate all the help and support I can get. I've dug myself a pretty deep whole and it's time to change it while I'm still young.

Thanks everyone.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)