AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who else has a CPAP machine?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John SD
Posted 4/16/2016 23:10 (#5247031 - in reply to #5245716)
Subject: RE: Who else has a CPAP machine?

I recently purchased 2 "gently used" machines from http://www.secondwindcpap.com and and a "brand new in the box" O2 concentrator. I highly recommend the company in my brief experience with them.

My old CPAP (actually I'm on Bi-Pap) quit and I almost paniicked when I found out my prescription had run out and they wouldn't give me another machine. I did without for a week until I was able to get an appointment at the sleep center. I'm really addicted to the machine. Not sure I would have survived another week without it. I blame the stress and lack of sleep for a lot of fluid retentions and my legs and feet swelling. I'm just now beginning to recover.

The sleep center gave me a prescription for a loaner CPAP with generic settings that did the job for another week until I got in for a formal sleep study. The first CPAP from secondwind arrived the day I was gone to the sleep center appointment. Since I did not know what my settings were supposed to be at the time, they sent it out with some generic setting that absolutely did not work for me. After the sleep study, I took the loaner machine back to my supplier and got them to program my Bi-Pap settings of the secondwind machine at 12 and 8.

I have since ordered another machine from secondwind already set to my specs. My medical supply company sent my old machine in to be repaired which insurance will pay for. It has 15500 hours on it. So when I get it back I will have 3 machines. I plan to leave one machine and the new O2 concentrator in the big city at my sister's house so it is there when I go in to stay overnight before a medical appointment or when the weather/electricity is questionable.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)