AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I have an in town job also and insurance is very high!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 3/6/2016 14:38 (#5159231 - in reply to #5159050)
Subject: RE: You got a good deal then and .......

Death comes to us all. Life's but a walking shadow
You got a good deal then and darn good deal now. Any self-employed person (farmers included) would be expecting $1000-1200 per month with $6500 deductible and no co-pays (that means you pay the whole drug tab). The mandate is tough for some but I understand why it's necessary. If we could have those who don't want to have any health insurance sign a statement that hospitals could refuse care and let them die on the street then I wouldn't mind not having a mandate. Here in this state, the state, counties and hospitals were going broke taking care of people who won't dream of paying nickel for health insurance but think nothing of driving a new car or owning a boat or lake house (and smoke a pack of cigerettes and drink a six-pack a day). For most modest income farmers, Obamacare has taken the sting out of health insurance costs and at least made it affordable. I have some sympathy for those fellows earning a real income farming and paying for health insurance but those that are just complaining about the mandate not so much.
The answer to the cost of health insurance is: "reduce the cost of health care!" And there are a couple easy ways to do that. One, train enough doctors until there's one under every rock. Building enough medical schools and providing tuition & fees support is far cheaper than paying high doctor's salaries for years and years. Second, let us buy drugs from outside the countries. Many of the drugs we use are made overseas, why shouldn't we just buy them from there. (Here in New York over the past 30 years, at least three major drug makers, big names, moved their production operations to India and China so what's the harm?). We all know that the same drugs in Canada are far cheaper there than here, It's just a few miles away and it seems like every other day some Gramma gets caught by US customs sumggling her cancer drugs across the border, true.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)