AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hobbies for old farmers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

steincowboy
Posted 2/8/2016 12:41 (#5096569 - in reply to #5087793)
Subject: RE: Hobbies for old farmers?

God's Country (N.C. Ia)
Thanks for all of the replies and suggestions! I probably should've responded a little sooner, but I guess I wanted to see some more of your responses first.

I think we can all agree that succession planning and executing is a very stressful thing. I don't really want to go into all of the details of my situation here, but I do know that day is coming for all of us sometime in the future. I guess I look at my dad and I think maybe one thing I can learn is to find a hobby for myself before I become as close-minded as he appears to be. I really love what I do and when I'm not doing it, I'm watching others do it on youtube!
What it really comes down to is like some have said; keeping yourself busy mind and body. I guess I take issue with the fact that it gets really old having him looking over my shoulder all the time when I'm around his place. To clarify a little more, I'm not trying to force him out of farming. I realize that it's still his and ultimately he needs to be the one that decides how to pass it on. I just wish he was a little more ready to let it go.

Thanks again for the kind words of advice!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)