AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

shoulder surgery questions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Iowajim
Posted 12/6/2015 22:19 (#4943963 - in reply to #4938069)
Subject: RE: shoulder surgery questions.

NW Iowa
There are different shoulder surgeries depending on what is wrong with the shoulder. The most common seems to be rotator. I had rotator repair and one reattachment six years ago and I have never been sorry. I was shoveling snow and something snapped. After the initial pain went away I couldn't get my arm up to waist level without helping it up with my other hand. Once the arm was above my waist I could lift it by itself. Lifting an empty coffee cup was painful and getting a good night's sleep was impossible. The doc said most people finally get it done when they can't sleep anymore. Therapy was no picnic but it helped that the therapist was a good looking gal with a great personality. A few years later I was in an orthopedic clinic for a knee and ran onto a chart they had on the wall explaining the surgeries they do, the type of recovery and the recovery period. Surprisingly rotator surgery requires twice the recovery time as total shoulder replacement. With replacement they want motion right away. With rotator repair they want no motion for several weeks, except for what the therapist does. Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)