AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New baby
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

5250JB
Posted 10/9/2015 07:30 (#4830744 - in reply to #4828649)
Subject: RE: New baby

Jerseyville,IL
It would seem to me that it is very selfish on the Grandmothers part to GRANDSTAND and have to show off the grandchild .
Will said father be caring for the child when it is sick?
And yes the child will get sick someday but lets not spend up the process or make it easier.
Whether the parents are a unit or not is secondary and not as important as the fact that child is only 10
days old . Maybe said grandmother should spend more time trying get Mom and Dad together, or she (and husband ?)
should have taught son that making offspring outside of marriage in not the best way to become a father .
Or for that matter rise a child in general.
60 years ago this would have been something that most families would have considered less than a bragging right .
And I do realize that what I am saying will be considered judgmental in the world today .
So flame away on that part .
I do not believe in grandparent rights , unless they are raising said child . Let the child's parents deal with the offspring .
I have had little support from my parents or inlaws raising my daughter and don't want any .
And yes we were married 7 years before she was born and still are married.
Just what I see
JB

farming4aliving - 10/7/2015 21:07

As a mother, If your newborn baby was 1 week old would you send it off to dads family get together! Mom and dad are not together at this point! Paternal grandmother wants baby to take to family get together this weekend! Baby will be 10 days old, mom is breast feeding every 3 hours!

Edited by 5250JB 10/9/2015 07:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)