AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Morphine for end of life
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

a4t-1600
Posted 9/19/2015 19:28 (#4797868 - in reply to #4797706)
Subject: RE: Morphine for end of life

Dearfield Co.
YEs this is very true------------------Both of my parents had addressed everything except end of life issues and then it got dumped in my lap. In my case my siblings had no involvement except when things were all done then they questioned everything and sued over most questions . when all of this started in my life I had to tell the medical people how I thought it should be done and in both cases it might not of been right. I worded it as such I wanted them to remain comfortable and if they were in pain due to no fluids they would get some. I didn't realize that was going to end up being IV in the end. which was a from of punishment with dad.

When asked for advice now I just tell everyone to get their loved ones wishes in writing so you dont have this decision ---------------I also tell them to word it as such it wont be a death due prematurely by the way its worded as well. Some DNR language can stop a persons life when it really isn't needed to be stopped but the wording will force it if ever in emergent care
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)