AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Market gutting?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Kickapoogian
Posted 9/2/2015 06:27 (#4765699 - in reply to #4765673)
Subject: RE: Market gutting?

Soldiers Grove Wi. 54655
The prices can be surprising at times no doubt... I guess I've seen quite a few posts throughout the last couple years with people talking about their $40-60,000$ pickups I really have to sit back and wonder if I'm even close to being good enough of an operator to not so much compete, but to even farm next to some folks.. Same goes for the cost of machinery, I have a few newer items but I've always been a cheap one and keep on a fixing rather than buy new paint every so often. The year we hit $7-$8 corn instead of paying down debts many went out and bought new equipment. (some needed it and some didn't, and of course some had to for tax purposes).. Bigger keeps getting bigger and the smaller seem to keep dropping off but it's been that way forever.. That all said makes no difference in this thread except I have to admit I've learned a lot just reading posts here over the past few years and one thing is for sure,, and that is "nothing is for sure" and it's all a crap shoot to a large degree.. We all have that certain amount of greed in us even if it is just to stay afloat another year or two or not wanting to retire yet.. As I said, when I look at posts with people talking about their trades and what it cost them for their pickups for me it's like a different world but again I don't have the acres, the hired help, nor the headaches either and if it works for people to be able to afford them then so be it and I'm happy for them... We live in interesting times for sure`~
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)