AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Giving away some money advice.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Kickapoogian
Posted 8/22/2015 13:23 (#4747281 - in reply to #4746376)
Subject: RE: Giving away some money advice.

Soldiers Grove Wi. 54655
farmer82 - 8/21/2015 22:08

Really it is a call for ideas. They do not rent from her. Their rent is 700 per month but they cant get a 700 a month loan. I know there is hidden costs to ownership of a home but it is theirs. She has paid them here and there and if it was averaged out it would be pretty good. She doesnt want to go out to the point of cosigning for a house. I personally would like to see them buy a piece of land with a double wide on it that they could build on in the future. Those things are hard to find around here now the fertilizer plant being built I heard has 3800 workers right now. When I first got married we lived in a trailer and I would not want to move back to one but it was a cheap way to live.

Sorry but you still didn't explain much. Is it $1000 OR $10K? And why does she want "you" to give it to them? Are up in charge of your mother's finances and is it her money she wants you to give them? You mentioned their rent is $700/mo. but they can't get a $700/month loan... If it's your mother's money then it's her wishes so do it...If it's your money,,,sorry but anyone who grew up and was born before the 80s grew up living in a trailer on their parents farm or renting unless they were spoiled and from a family that had cash and wanted to show that fact off... We all wonder why our kids don't respect others and are out of touch when it comes to spending.. Here is a good example... In our area we have kids that are still in high school pulling $40K-$60,000 trucks every weekend because dad will pay the bills when things break...Not only that but it runs in "cliques"too(sp).. The kid that is working his butt off and trying hard to make it is looked down on by others because their folks can't afford the nice toys.. I to lived in a trailer with my wife and 2 kids for the first 7 years after getting married.. We went out one weekend a month and felt we had life good... Think about what your mother and father went through when they first got married, and what their parents went through...... The entitlement generation is here as the kids now days want their inheritance before you're even close to being in the ground. I guess there is just not enough info... who's money is it to give, how much, ect... Sorry if I seem a little harsh but a lot of the younger generation are downright brats and want everything yesterday and are not afraid to file bankruptcy or default on a loan to a relative in a heartbeat now days....

After "re-reading" I see she doesn't want "you" to give them any money...but she wants to do it.... Doesn't it boil down to it being her money and her decision what she does with it? It doesn't look like we will be getting and answer to just what you were asking except figuring that you might be jealous she's giving part of your inheritance away? All in all sounds like maybe some estate planning is in order to begin with and if your niece and her husband are doing things and helping out in ways no one else seems to want to bother with kudos to them as they are being appreciated by someone... It's not easy raising 3 kids but if they are helping out and now there is a problem because someone thinks they are getting "too much" maybe someone else should be there helping too? Or let Mom do what she wants.. Sadly the teeth and fangs come out when it comes down to family believing one member might be getting more than another... :(

Edited by Kickapoogian 8/23/2015 10:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)