AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Giving away some money advice.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

gene_champ
Posted 8/23/2015 20:00 (#4749574 - in reply to #4744254)
Subject: RE: Giving away some money advice.

NC Iowa
farmer82 - 8/20/2015 20:49

My mother wants to give my niece some money. Less than 10000 bucks. She and her husband have 3 kids and rents her home. Mom doesnt want to give her money to live on but to kindof get ahead, They both work but dont have very good jobs. He does small money jobs outside of his work so they arent lazy. They have been helping my mother trimming trees, weeding, weedeating around my moms since my dad died. She pays them well and she really appreciates it. We all are doing things that dad did and it is a constant reminder on how much we all miss him.

if i read this right, more like she does not want to give them a fish, but teach them to fish. if they know how to work and truly want to get ahead, she wants to help them improve their income. this is a very nice gesture from your mother. shows her faith in them and a desire to help. they should honor her by making the most of it.

since they have shown an aptitude for lawn care, they could make decent money of they can get a customer base.

$10,000 should buy a decent used commercial mower, leaf blower, grass trimmer, and a trailer to haul it to the job site with. get insurance. stay away from competing with the big guys. they have close to free labor and will do jobs for nothing and make it up on volume.

get individuals for customers and give good service. it is work, but that is why it is called work.

just one example but you get my drift. good luck and God bless your mother for this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)