AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Giving away some money advice.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 8/21/2015 15:29 (#4745735 - in reply to #4744254)
Subject: RE: Giving away some money advice.

Frytown, Iowa
You say she doesn't want to give money for them to live but to get ahead? Can you explain that? To me, if a person isn't getting ahead it's because of spending habits that are unfortunately hard to break. Me and my wife have tried to tighten our living expenses but there is only so much you can do! I picked up some belly ruptures from the farm and took them to the butcher. That saves a lot in our grocery bill plus we eat steaks and chops like 3 times a week.

If I was to give advice it would be to call a farmer and buy a couple finished out belly ruptures and take them down to the locker and have your mom pick up the bill... Your neice will be dancing in the streets with a freezer full of pork. When fall gets here make sure her LP tank is full. Call the gas guy and have him fill it up and send your mom the bill. Put some extra on the account so in January they get another fill.

These are hidden expenses that can really help out a young couple.

You say she rents from your mom? Drop rent $100/month.

It all adds up. I also agree that a $300 Khols card now before school and another around Christmas...
That right there could easily be total of $5000 taken off their living expenses over the next 12 months.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)