AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rating Grain Hopper Trailers.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 8/13/2006 00:36 (#35189 - in reply to #35149)
Subject: tried to do that once

Still didn't get it full late at night, 78 x 102 grossed 117,800 with 24% corn, Charlie said there was still room on it. Intended to put enough on it so the rest of the field would go on one load because if we didn't they would be sitting waiting on me to get back before they could run on a different field yet that night.

To get back to the loading question, on a hopper I really don't think it matters much as far as stress on the trailer. I always figured it was more important to try and keep it symetrical and balanced than exactly where it's at. I don't like to have one hopper high up on the center divider if I'm not going to have grain on the other side of the divider also. You can tell as soon as you start driving if you don't have it balanced.

From habbit and being able to repeat it load after load we start dumping on top of the landing gear, run until we have 42 lbs air in the tractor bags if we're coming off our Kinze wagon, 48 lbs if we're coming out of the overhead and then move to the back right in front of the tandems, on top of the air box. Finish out at 70 lbs on the trailer and we'll be loaded about right. Truck will have 60 in it when we're done. This also keeps the dump points up on the upper part of the slope and makes it tough for the elevator with hydraulic probes to get right into the core of where we dumped on the truck.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)