AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jury duty update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

denny-o
Posted 7/29/2015 14:09 (#4706108 - in reply to #4705957)
Subject: RE: Jury duty update

Michigan - Saginaw County
If you 'need' respect hire people to kiss up to you
If you want to avoid a fine for contempt, just do your jury duty
But don't expect respect
(if you get it, it's just your lucky day - better buy a lotto ticket)
And yes the judge will be bored/cynical/grumpy/ornery/asleep (fill in the _________ )
And the attorneys will will be personable and all smiles to you - but they really don't like you so don't get a swelled head
Everyone there has a job to do - and that is all it is, a job
And if you get selected for the jury you will be lied to, minute by minute, second by second
That is the one thing you can 100% count on
The only people in our country who get lied to more than the jury .. .. .. are cops
(but officer, I'm sure I came to a complete stop)

And YES, the Judge lies to you also - he does it by OMISSION, out of your hearing, where he rules that this or that cannot be presented because it will taint your innocent juror brain (things like, oh say, the accused was convicted of the same crime in Ohio 3 years back. Or that the accusers husband was sued by the defendant - and won. Little things like that.)

Interestingly one of my patients was a sequestered juror in a big case (well, big for a small town) She told me later when the trial was over and she read the newspaper stories that her husband had saved, she did not even recognize the case compared to what the judge let the jurors see. She felt the jury came to the wrong verdict after she got the full story.
So go be a juror - but don't expect a pat on the back because it will feel more like a boot in the rump :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)