AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 7/26/17*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 7/26/2015 09:14 (#4699916 - in reply to #4699731)
Subject: RE: *****Weigh Ins For 7/26/17*****

Just crossed over the 50 lbs lost mark !

Last week I mentioned I ought to take some pictures of some typical meals. This week I took some pictures of some of what I eat on a low carb diet.

I tried the starvation/ portion control before and while I had success feeling starved and weak just was not for me.

Here is a typical breakfast. 2 scrambled eggs done in the microwave at about 47 seconds each. Also 3 of these pre cooked Bob Evans sausage links. I like lots of pepper and try and limit the amount of salt on the eggs.

For lunch I really like 3 or 4 slices of cold turkey less any bread, several slices of Colby/Jack cheese and some sour cream with dill seasoning and Celery. Usually a can of Diet Coke sweetened with Splenda.

Supper can vary.

Usually have a Salad with Caesar dressing

Shredded beef or pork with fresh or canned mushrooms.

A couple tablespoons of mixed nuts maybe another Coke or Water. I usually drink lots of water throughout the day also.

Another favorite is some crumbled pork or turkey sausage, diced turkey pepperoni , stir fried with onions black olives, mushrooms and orange yellow and red peppers.

A little Mozzarella cheese melted over the top as well.

Or some baked chicken without barbecue or breading, salad, nuts, and maybe 1/2 a sliced apple or some sliced strawberries.

No snacking between meals and nothing after supper either.

Carbs are not always zero but are always very low amounts. I don't really count calories or anything else just try and avoid the carbs and sugars.

This has been working well for me and I am finally at the point that maybe every other week I can splurge and have a big pizza without seeing gain or going backwards. Still have not had any candy, pies or cakes or ice cream. I try to not even be tempted by just having a little once in a while. Too easy to slip into a routine again.

Just thought I would share what has been working for me.  Gets a little monotonous sometimes but I can't argue with what has been working for me.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)