AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liquid urea on spring wheat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

BigNorsk
Posted 6/26/2015 09:02 (#4646878 - in reply to #4645716)
Subject: RE: Liquid urea on spring wheat

Rolla, ND
bad farmer - 6/25/2015 15:54

so you want more protein? how about test weight also, oh yes how about yeild? have you figured out that those agronomists really dont know how to anything other tehn spend your money, what causes tehm proteins to form, how do we get protein and not just crude protein in a feed test and them most important how do we get that protein to be good for teh person eating it? i will ask a few more questions, have you ever seen too many roots? yes weed roots are always to many but can you ever tell me that your wheat or whatever crop had too many roots? think about that one long and hard and i think you will find the answer to what you need to do to increase what you want. next time you ask your agronomist be sure to tell them you want to give your consumer nourishment, not teh ****s.....

Yep, market sometimes wants more protein, sometimes less. What they really want is for every single batch of flour to be the same so their bread is the same because, outside of wine, the consumer thinks any variation means you are giving them bad stuff, and the bakers no longer are a small business with a skilled guy looking at the product and adding water until it is right.

As for crude protein, that has actually been researched and the quality of protein for breadmaking is improved. You aren't just adding urea to a feed mix.

Yield is determined earlier, the thing is, that wheat will yield such that it lowers the protein below what the market wants, if conditions are right. Put on enough to get really high yields of desirable protein under wet conditions and you are being environmentally unfriendly. Our years vary greatly so sometimes one needs to adjust on the go. Plus we lost the varieties like the old Marshall to scab so pour on the N early and you don't tend to get more decent protein wheat, you tend to get a lodged mess of low yield, low test weight and oh yes, low protein. Plus, if the armyworms blow in, you have an armyworm magnet. Plus the straw mess tends to keep on troubling you after the crop.

As far as roots, I don't really take the time to quatify them, we routinely have enough roots that they are so efficient extracting N that when we test the top two feet after the crop single digit readings are not unusual. Sonce there is some time between crop maturity and sampling, that basically means it was effectively at zero at maturity.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)