AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soil Amendment for Hard Clay?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bad farmer
Posted 6/25/2015 16:44 (#4645701 - in reply to #4645518)
Subject: RE: Soil Amendment for Hard Clay?

no welfare payments on this farm!!!!!!!!
im going crazy waiting on a big run tomarrow so reading ag talk to calm my nerves. the bad news is your defination of bad clay is sure as heck bad clay, no lucky day for you, there are guys in differant areas of teh world then you who think their stuff is bad till i mail tehm some dirt from other areas that are worse then its not so bad.

glad your taking the effort to consider fixing the soil, many just think they are entitled to good dirt and if its not good then oh well they dont need to fix it. some are on 6 inches of top soil and then bad clay and the only answer they have is to complain instead of fix the subsoil. the clay takes alot and i mean alot of nutrients to fix it, yes a covercrop and a ton of the right product might fix a 15 cec soil but a 40 cec soil will take 2.5 time that much product and 5 times as long maybe even ten times as long.

find out what is needed to fix your clay, lime, gypsum, humus, residue, and most important roots and when you make some money and need a investment then pour on the needed nutrients. remember tehre is no such thing as bad dirt just bad farmer, lol
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)