AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how bullet proof are the mid to late 90s chevy pickups
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dave morgan
Posted 1/16/2015 22:45 (#4317426 - in reply to #4317359)
Subject: RE: how bullet proof are the mid to late 90s chevy pickups

Somerville, Indiana
there is one here with 320,000 on it. cab is still original as it was Zeebarted when I bought it new, front and bed have been replaced...Too close to an excavator a couple times, its been around, most of its use is hauling fuel and tools...Its a single rear K 3500 with 350 and 4L80E...Electric wires have been its worse enemy, mud gets around close to the wires, then freeze and come out in chunks=hard for the little wires to stand that...New trucks still have the same little wires strung around the transmission and transfer case...Replaced the drive shafts going to the front wheels for first time this winter, along with bearings and seals for the front axle, all was out in our shop...Second engine, trans, transfer case, rear end...Trying to get rid of all wires I can, have one wire and a ground going to the front axle actuator from a switch on the dash, so that is simple now, Rideout Transmission in Evansville takes care of my 4L80 wiring now, it will last me long as I need a truck...Would like to rig up a tile truck too, other than the wires for the trans and front end, its pretty bullet proof...Doubt there is anything better...Be sure to mention all those wires cause problems when used in mud and freezing weather...Maybe other Cheby owners don't work in freezing mud?..No, I don't buy that...Looking for a long wide bed in good condition, will paint it Victory Red and have a nice looking truck again...Email works, retard but still working, doing what I like to do, still digging and winching rigs...Working for my son now, told him it was contagious.

Edited by dave morgan 1/16/2015 23:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)