AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Running out of space on the C drive but can't really figure out what to remove
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 12/22/2014 16:14 (#4257784 - in reply to #4248974)
Subject: RE: Running out of space on the C drive but can't really figure out what to remove

Thanks for the reply.

TheBonePile - 12/18/2014 13:44 Did you do a clean install of the operating system or is this from a factory computer or factory restore -

When I purchased the computer one of the first things I did was to download the .iso image of the Windows 7 with SP1 integrated in and then wipe the drive and install Windows 7 along with only the drivers and the software that I wanted to be on the machine.

TheBonePile - 12/18/2014 13:44

You have went to cisk properties and right clicked ond did the disk cleanups haven't you - getting rid of ervice pack install files, setup files and browser caches can free up an awful lot

Thanks for that suggestion. I had actually not done that. I did not realize so much space could be gained from this. I believe I gained about 9 GB by doing that.

TheBonePile - 12/18/2014 13:44

You can also goto computer management and might be able to increase the size of the partition - My experience is when you are running that low on space your computer is not running smooth either

I have re-sized and moved partitions before but it's something I don't like to do unless I absolutely have to. I believe when my new hard drive gets here I will allow more room for the Windows 7 partition.

Thanks again for your help.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)