AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

becks seed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

flyin45
Posted 11/28/2014 14:30 (#4207109 - in reply to #4206870)
Subject: RE: becks seed

WC Illinois
Several years of data have shown almost no response to insecticide with the herculex trait. Now with monsantos trait yes i will agree you will see a contisistent double digit response with a vt3 type hybrid. That's why the introduced smartstax with the herculex rootworm trait. Syngenta the people selling the product claim a double digit response imagine that. Having two modes of action is a good thing but if the corns treated with poncho 1250 and is traited you will not see a response too banded insecticide. Same goes for smartstax and DuPont extreme trait which is herculex plus syngentas rootworm trait. And it makes sense for syngenta to push the insecticide because there rootworm trait is failing. They currently offer a rebate on the insecticide if you run it with there single traited corn due to that fact. Now it's only a matter of time till the herculex trait shows resistance due to the fact it's the only trait working in any of these hybrids but that has yet to be seen or proven. So saying the traited corn got benefit from the insecticide is partially true, sum did. But the herculex traited or stacked corn did not. Go to the Kankakee blended refuge plot by soy capital. No response to force for herculex traited corn especially stuff with poncho. So if you find independent results that say the opposite Id be interested to see a consistent double digit response to force on herculex traited corn otherwise I'd say it's just syngenta selling product and trying to cover there butt for a failing rootworm trait. To summarize basically nutech putting those specific numbers in the first trials makes there data useless in west central illinois anyway due the fact that I guess if you wanna plant there products your gonna have to go back to handling and putting insecticide on your planter and the vast majority of guys aren't gonna do that. Does nutech have traited versions of those numbers, I bet they do, because that's what the majority of guys buy in my area and that's what they'll be out trying to sell but I guess will never know if there any good or not.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)