AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

becks seed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

flyin45
Posted 11/28/2014 11:26 (#4206848 - in reply to #4206785)
Subject: RE: becks seed

WC Illinois
Yes it would backfire that's why a guy wouldn't go out and plant those hybrids in normal field conditions or in west central Il anyway where there is rootworm pressure. So if the first trials quit running insecticide on all these multi traited corn hybrids you wouldn't see nutech put untraited corn in the plots or if they did a coc plot without insecticide bet they would have a different choice of seed. The herculex rootworm trait can reduce yield in certain hybrids but if you have pressure it's a trade off. I'm not telling anybody what to plant they should plant what works on there farm. I'm just saying I don't know of too many guys that's go out and buy the latest and greatest traited corn that lists for 350-400 dollars a bag and then run 20-25 dollars an acre worth of insecticide. Doesn't seem very economical to me anyway. So if you want too look at economic return pertaining to the first plot subtract the cost of insecticide from traited corn and add the cost to none traited stuff like you would in the real world. And just to be clear I'm not bashing nutech, I do believe they have good hybrids and I do believe the first plots are a good source of independent data as well as the university of illinois variety tests but once again I'd just say make sure your comparing apples to apples.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)