AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

$20,000/acre vs. $4,000/acre land
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

McHusker
Posted 8/29/2014 10:30 (#4044984 - in reply to #4044776)
Subject: RE: $20,000/acre vs. $4,000/acre land

Nebraska aka the boondocks
I read "old money" and "profit margin" in this thread, that is it. Start adding up the dollars involved over decades and perhaps up over 100 years in some cases. Just an example of what has gone on, for the guys that binned it all and held it til summer, I have one neighbor that was in the 220 bu. range and sold most of it a couple years ago for 7.50, 2012 specifically. That is what he told, me, he farms right by me and I believe him from watching over the years. He owns and farms 1800 acres. So when he paid $11,000 for an 80. $8600 for another and a third in the last 2 years, it really is no surprise. I have heard that by York someone paid $19400, maybe it was $17000, an acre for 400 acres a year two ago. So, for the guys that owned a lot, and binned it and hit one home run after the other the last 5 years, it really isn't that hard to understand. There has to be a lot of operations that had net profits in the 3-5million range over the last 5-6 years, not including massive run ups in their land equity. If you farm and reinvest all your profits, that is just what some people do.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)