AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Going pay?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Kickapoogian
Posted 7/26/2014 06:43 (#3986311 - in reply to #3984862)
Subject: RE: Going pay?

Soldiers Grove Wi. 54655
ezzard - 7/25/2014 07:46

For a teenager you probably treated him fine. I pay part time seasonal tractor drivers $15.

As a farmer who grew up working and raising tobacco since I could handle and ax and later on being able to keep up with anyone in the field it always ticked me off (probably around the age of 12-13) when the going rate was $2.50/hr for adult labor and my check was written out for $1.25/hr just because I was a kid... I'm sure this may sound like bragging but at that age I was able to work just as hard and 90% of the other workers and some I worked circles around. They knew it but "kid wages" being lower just erked me back then as it does now... I always felt I should have been paid for how hard I worked as far as compared to what and adult did and not my age.. That's just how it was though and still is... A lesson learned I suppose but after it happened a few times I finally just asked if they were going to pay me what I was worth instead of by my age and went to the people who appreciated me.. Even to this day I'll pay what the job is worth if I was doing it myself and it would depend on if I needed to babysit them.. That said $15/hr seems like a decent price for the job this teenager was doing... Around here that's better than he'd be paid for any job in town or factory work even if he was an adult...
jmho
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)