AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FYI from Wi corn growers president!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

McHusker
Posted 7/25/2014 06:04 (#3984738 - in reply to #3984212)
Subject: RE: So Do you want to be a worthless Martyr?

Nebraska aka the boondocks
Some of you guys must think you are the only ones that built a farm before 2006. Hmmm, I remember a lot of guys saying 2004 was their most profitable year ever. You actually believe everything just goes back to the way it ways if the gov't pulls out the rug??? Under this anti etol logic, lets ditch the crops insurance and everything else. I would suppose there "are a lot" of pro crop insurance subsidy folks, that are also anti etol. If we are gonna take the pure capitalist plunge, lets just get naked and give it all up. Alas, I guarantee that will never happen. This talk is nothing short of wreckless, because none of us knows what would really happen. I do know this, there would be a lot of pain and suffering, not joy in the streets. Less farmers, as if we need that, towns get smaller etc. etc. Rural America would suffer, not get stronger. Big Oil would stop its onslaught against etol once the gov't left us naked and we were pure capitalists? LMAO. To quote Santa, "ho ho ho." This isn't about a mandate, it is about the destruction of etol. Again I say, I really don't understand the anti etol farmers and what they want to happen. One could only suppose that you plan to personally benefit from the firesale that may or may not occur. If some of you guys are such economic purists, tally up your profits from etol over the last eight years and give it to the local indian tribe.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)