AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FYI from Wi corn growers president!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

OldMcdonald
Posted 7/24/2014 21:16 (#3984333 - in reply to #3984064)
Subject: well that was a hilarious post

Napanee, Ontario
I'm not even sure where to begin on that one .... maybe to thank you for for pointing out all the lives that ARE indeed lost fighting oil wars. Wasn't going to even bother with that remark, but hey, you apparently know all about the oil industry, while the rest of us rubes just drive our tractors around and dust off our straw hats.

BSE checks? you mean the ones that were announced at $200 /hd then adjusted down to 80, and then when it was all said and done, got 54 dollars a head?

Now you really are talking about something you don't have a damn clue about. Maybe you should just keep your head down and stick to feeding your hogs Redoak , before going and making completely asinine comments like that. But since you brought it up, Here let me do some quick math for you.... although since you seem to know so much about it, you probably have it all figured out.

220 animals times 54 head = $11,800. One time. In 2003.

Meanwhile BSE prices lasted for almost a decade, the borders were completely closed until 2005, and cows dropped from 80 cents to 20 and change for 2 years. Guys were trucking their animals to sales and not even getting enough after commission to pay the trucking. Don't mention that as soon as the chqs even came, all the order buyers for the packers dropped their bids and it worked out in a wash.

Not to worry though, Tyson pocketed 36 million on the deal, so that's where all the money went. But excuse me for not retiring and buying a ferrari on such an enormous sum of profit we got from the government. But maybe we were idiots since I guess many did with cow numbers in Ontario dropping from over 400,000 head in 2003 to 260,000 in Ontario in 2013. Must of been that big gravy train of government BSE cheques that had everyone 'cashing out'. Isn't that Right Redoak? Tell me how much you know about it, would love to hear it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)