AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has this ever happened to you in a bank?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 7/24/2014 03:38 (#3983212 - in reply to #3983180)
Subject: RE: Has this ever happened to you in a bank?

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Well one time at local bank that had 100% of my business for 15 years or more, I pulled into drive thru teller it was 15 minutes to 5 p.m. Well I waited in line for two cars in front of me. The reason I didn't walk into the bank as the front doors were locked, they locked them early. So as I pull up to the window the new teller tells me its 5:02 p.m. and I will have to come back next Monday morning. I told the lady I just wanted to deposit a check, no cash back (it was a sizable check) she still wouldn't take it. I just shook my head at her, and told her I would come back Monday and make a withdrawal of my money. So I called my wife and told her what happened and I was quitting that bank the first of the week. Well my wife must have called her sister who was the branch manager. So my sister-in-law calls me and tells me to come back to the bank as I was still in town, she opened the front doors for me and took my deposit. She told me the teller should have waited on me, shouldn't have told me to come back. I was still boiling like a tea kettle, I didn't say much. I've pulled most every account from this bank over the years, just keep one there for convenience for me. I've been doing a lot of business with a credit union that is even open on Saturdays till 1 p.m. They are people friendly, they even have a branch at my wife's place of work and at a grocery store in town.

I do keep an accounts in these different towns (also in different states, we live on the border) that way I can access money (withdrawal of cash) in either state if needed. I do know banks regs. have been tightened down with the Feds., but credit unions are so much easier to work with as is my Ag. Bank (Farm Credit system).

P.S. Don't even get me started on the crap Wells Fargo has pulled over the years. Run from them.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 7/24/2014 03:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)