AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has this ever happened to you in a bank?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

djmcountryboy
Posted 7/24/2014 00:15 (#3983180)
Subject: Has this ever happened to you in a bank?

Mascoutah, Illinois
I went to my bank on Monday around 12:05pm to make a cash deposit. As I entered the bank, I was greeted by the new Investment Manager. When I looked at the Teller windows, I noticed two were open and each one was servicing a customer. There was another person in front of me waiting for service as well. The Investment Manger informed me it was going to take a few minutes to get waited on and if I was in a hurry, she would take me around the back of the building and show me how to do a deposit through the ATM machine. I told her I had some time and I always prefer to do my banking face to face with a real person.

Seventeen minutes have now passed and it is my turn to make my deposit. The gentleman at the Teller window half heartedly apologizes for my wait and begins to work on my transaction. He informs me his scanner is not working and he will need to try and enter my deposit again. The second time he tries to enter my deposit, the scanner goes down again. He proceeds to tell me if I want to make my deposit, I will need to step to the next window which is now the only one open. I look over and see the window is occupied by the lady who was waiting in front of me. I told the gentleman the window was being occupied and I did not have the available time to wait to make my deposit. He proceeded to tell me to go out back and make my deposit at the ATM machine. With that being said, I asked for my cash back and left the bank after spending almost twenty five minutes inside. When I got home, I sent an email to Customer Service and someone from the Corporate Office called me today. I did not have a chance to take her call but in my email I stated I wanted the Branch Manager to get in contact with me. I was sent an email today asking me to call the Corporate Office back at my earliest convenience because they were not able to speak to me when the individual called.

I have been banking with this institution for seven years and almost everyone in this place knows my wife and I on a first name basis. The employee who waited on me was someone I had never seen before. I am more in shock by being asked to go outside to make my deposit than I am being mad at the employee. I am going to call the Corporate Office on Thursday and tell the individual what happened. I still want the Branch Manager to contact me. Is this asking too much?

EDIT: Grammer

Edited by djmcountryboy 7/24/2014 00:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)