AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

driving a chassis cab
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 6/24/2014 21:52 (#3936019 - in reply to #3935355)
Subject: RE: driving a chassis cab

Wi

E718 - 6/24/2014 15:30 Depends on what the unit is. I have driven an air ride semi 400 miles with no trailer, piece of cake. I drove a walking beam, rubber pad, screw truck 40 miles. I was out walking around every 10 miles. On 1000 miles, you can go by a Home depot, buy some studs, plywood, screws, and bags of sand to even out the ride.

Driven hundreds of miles on an air ride sleeper truck, not bad at all. Thats the advantage with air ride though, adjusts to the load. Drove 100 miles in a rubber block truck and had to make sure my teeth were all still there after that trip.

To the OP FWIW a pickup bed really is not that heavy.  Short beds can easily be lifted off by two average people. 400-500lbs or so tops.  

Just looking at some LT tire inflation charts for 235/85R16's, they list them down to 35psi. So you should be able to run 35-40psi with no issues and have a much better ride. The difference in tire pressure alone will probably make it bearable. Enough people are running 80psi in them with a flatbed on. The flatbeds I have seen are 600-1000lbs.  Let some air out of the tires and I doubt you will notice the ride change, just don't think about it or you will. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)