AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Leasing a tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Hayinhere
Posted 5/31/2014 18:42 (#3895363 - in reply to #3894745)
Subject: RE: Leasing a tractor

Central NE

Here is a big con.   Read the lease contract in detail before you sign.  Every last line while the salesman stares at you and keeps saying it's just the standard stuff...repeatedly.

I was planning on leasing a new Massey Ferguson CVT tractor until I read the lease terms in detail.  Here are a couple highlights written by AGCO:

1. If you return the tractor to the dealer at the end of the lease, you are responsible for carrying costs of the tractor while it's sitting on the dealer lot  (up to six months I belive) until the tractor is sold.  I am not making this up.

2.  When 3 year lease is over, any wear part (including tires) that is 50% worn will be replaced and you will be responsible for the entire cost.   They are the sole judge as to whether tires are 49% worn or 59% worn.   What do you think a whole set of tires would cost you at the end of your lease?  Contract says they are the sole judge.

AGCO slipped these gems in the lease contract they wanted me to sign.  They would not change these terms and I puchased a different color tractor as a result.

Beware what you sign.  

Edited by Hayinhere 5/31/2014 18:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)