AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Leasing a tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 5/31/2014 08:52 (#3894745)
Subject: Leasing a tractor

Amherst WI
I want to hear the pros and cons of this.

I am kicking the idea around of getting a new tractor and leasing it. Most of my stuff isn't junk but it is just new enough that I can't work on it nor can a local independant mechanic.

I also don't have much for a shop/work area. The closest thing I do have for a shop has a 11'ceiling and when I do roll a tractor in there or my Patriot sprayer you walk at funny angles around it until it is back out of there. So some of the repairs I could do I can't because I would be doing it in the driveway.

I'm looking at new because then it comes with a warranty. I can't remember the last time I had a tractor (or combine for that matter) go in for something and not be a $4K+ shop bill. Pretty soon when you add the payment your making on it (if there is one yet) and the repair bill you could lease a new tractor for the same money.

I don't like the fact that when I make a lease payment it doesn't show up on the asset side of the balance sheet, however I think in the end the cost to use a tractor is going to be less this way.

I know what ome are saying build a decent shop, believe me that is pretty high on the priority list but at this time I do not own the land to put it on. Our door yard is pretty crowded now and if it would go here I would tear down my current "shop" (and I use that term very loosely) and anther small building we barely use and I am still not sure if it would fit there that well either.

I can lease a new CVT 200HP tractor for $38 an hour for 3 years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)