AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Leasing a tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 5/31/2014 20:11 (#3895468 - in reply to #3895307)
Subject: RE: Leasing a tractor

Saronville NE
Hinfarm, its a racket anymore, you will either make payments or pay for the repairs, if your tractors are paid for, Id pry just fix em, warranty don't mean much, gotta buy the extra warranty to make the 3 yrs, new tractors are only 2 yr warranty, so add extra money to add exteneded warranty. I looked into it very seriously this winter, with same thoughts as you, but everytime it came down to it, the lease payment was higher then what I could buy a used tractor for and at the end of 3 yrs, I was going to have another payment to either release or buyout the lease and warranty would be up. I ended up buying a high hr 8110, payments were several thousand cheaper then a lease payment, I can put 450-500 hrs a yr on now and not worry about it, and in 5 yrs I own it and will have equity in it vs keeping having payments and no equity.

Prime example since people here seem to hate high hr tractors, my 7810 I sold last fall, I bought it 5 yrs ago, sold it last fall for exact same money I gave for it, so my cost over those 5 yrs was my repairs, which was about $5k a yr, put 2500 hrs on the tractor in those 5 yrs, you wont lease a 150 hp tractor for $5k a yr. Kinda thinking same thing with this 8110, once they get enuff hours on them, not much depreciation left too lose, run em and when get tired, move it on down the road, and wont get much less then what you payed for it.

Had that 8110 dyno'd, compression checked, transmission pressures checked, hyds checked all before buying, all came out on high end of spec, could something blow up tomorrow, yes, but could buy a 3k hr tractor and something could blow up tomorrow also.

Way too many JD mechanics have told me to keep buying 00 and 10s and run em to 15k hrs, will be cheaper to keep running then the Rs when all said and done, too much little crap that ends up costing $2k-5k everytime you turn around, whereas you may only avg that on a 10k hr tractor a yr and your payments are WAY less.

With the cost of new tractors only a privledged few now a days can afford to own them,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)