AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WRECKER NEEDED Township Zonning Laws for junk, vehicles stored out side of a fully enclosed building
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 4/8/2014 15:34 (#3804447 - in reply to #3804271)
Subject: RE: Exact same here right now

southern MN
My county is the exact same thing, someone wants to move a business from one location to another - repair shop, moving it less than a mile on the same basic farm. As well a winery is trying to do more than just grow grapes, and is finding all kinds of trouble.

And come to find out, can't even have the business any more, anything not farming is basically banned. They say well you just have to get a permit; but if you try to get a permit, it gets turned down by the unelected office people, while the elected people say no, just get a variance no problem. And round and round it goes. Current businesses can't add on, and when the current owner dies so does the business, even if you have a fancy building.....

In a rural county, I don't understand this. It is good to have zoning laws to keep the crud from town coming out and causing problems for the county or township, and these rules started out when some adult entertainment was coming out and about to unincorporated places. So I understand why.....

But, to stop all building, who the heck is going to pay the taxes? Who is going to employ the high school and colledge kids? There are no city or retail places in my county to speak of, county seat is under 15,000 and only 12 miles from a regional shopping city so nothing developing there.

Can't see why a tax prep place, or a farm repair shop, or an automotive repair, or a contriction place, other similar home-based businesses with less than 5 employees can't fit into ag zoning pretty easily. Fine if it needs a variance to keep track of things, but there should be a process to keep these tax paying, income generating places in my county, not all across the boarder in the neighboring counties.

Just ridiculous how this is set up to screw people over.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)