AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WRECKER NEEDED Township Zonning Laws for junk, vehicles stored out side of a fully enclosed building
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Marlhauler
Posted 4/8/2014 23:12 (#3805436 - in reply to #3804437)
Subject: RE: WRECKER NEEDED Township Zonning Laws for junk, vehicles stored out side of a fully enclosed buil

Vicksburg MI 49097
jcfarmboy - 4/8/2014 15:26

Marlhauler - 4/8/2014 16:00

jcfarmboy - 4/8/2014 13:37

I'm almost a 100% sure that the land CANNOT be rezoned without a lengthy legal undertaking.
Go to the land office and ask what your land is zoned as and the timeline as when to when it was ever changed.

Until THEY prove you are in the wrong, they have no legal leg to stand on.
Are all of your machines movable and not "lawn markers"?

It was Zoned AG now they call it Rural Residential .. They did not say that I can not operate my business here ... they just said I must keep every single piece of equipment inside a fully enclosed building .. then they restrict the size of one building to 5,000 saaure feet and the total of all buildings to 10,000 square feet presently I have just one building that is 4050 square feet 54'x75' Primarily my shop

Back in 1997 I was aware of the Zoning change they rezoned over half of the Township from AG to Rural Residential ... because Senate Bill 205 took the power and authority Away from Townships to harass Farmers with ridiculous zoning in Michigan ...

Ok that's HUGELY ODD!!!! Typically the land owner MUST be the one to start the zoning change. Planning department can't change zones on their own legally. Zoning change can't be done "on a whim" or another legal term "Willy nilly". YOU as the land owner would have MANY written notices from the planning department. IF ALL the LEGAL STEPS were not taken (I don't know your specific laws on this but here its almost a year long process and I'm sure there isn't a whole lot different), the land change is null and void.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)