AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Rules (relaxed) for Illinois Farmers-non-CDL drivers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pbutler
Posted 12/4/2013 12:42 (#3490567 - in reply to #3490465)
Subject: Re: New Rules (relaxed) for Illinois Farmers-non-CDL drivers?

Macon, IL
My issue is being a small farmer-with regular job and time. Having old tandems that are used for 4 mile runs-I don't want to take a day off work, to run the thing 60 or 80 miles away, find someone with a CDL to drive my truck there, (where they apparently fail most people on first try anyway)-causing another day. Then more time off work to get medical card, etc.

I keep my trucks in good shape, have DOT numbers, get inspections done and fix what needs to be done to keep them in compliance. I do want to stay legal.

So I am burning 3-5 days at year jacking around for trucks never see interstate and rarely state highways. Doing the same stuff required for someone running 10's or 100's of thousands of miles 300 days a years. My trucks probabaly see around 1,000 miles each per year. Shoot running to the testing place may add aanother 10% -15%to my overall use. LOL

If we were hauling grain to ADM or River Terminal, or hauling for others, or just using the darn things more I would understand. Kind of like the "mileage plates" they have.

Edited by pbutler 12/4/2013 12:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)