AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody read the article in NE frmer magazine bout feeding cattle?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

proud2Bafarmer
Posted 12/5/2012 07:08 (#2733783 - in reply to #2732791)
Subject: Don't we all need each other?

Baldwin City, KS
I thought that one of the major uses for our US corn and beans was cattle, hog, an poultry feed. Also, I never met a person that wouldn't eat a T bone, prime rib, or double cheese burger. If everyone quits feeding cattle and just focuses on row crops, how does that work out? Now, if most quit feeding cattle, surely this creates some opportunity for the guy still feeding cattle, I would think. I'm a cow guy that farms. When things are right around here, we certainly don't need the cows, but when it doesn't rain, it's sure nice to have them on the balance sheet. I am not a feeder, but with row crops having become the rat race that they are, I think anything in the livestock sector spells opportunity. Once again, that's said from a cow guy that probably enjoys some fairly low overhead compared to a feeder. Don't sweat it guys, just put the blinders on and do what works in ahayville, garvoville, etc. You know what happens to the guys in the magazines anyway. They get the write up in page two of the next issue where the editor swears they had no clue they were nearly tit's up at press time.

Edited by proud2Bafarmer 12/5/2012 07:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)