AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody read the article in NE frmer magazine bout feeding cattle?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 12/4/2012 20:10 (#2733149 - in reply to #2733090)
Subject: Re: Anybody read the article in NE frmer magazine bout feeding cattle?

Saronville NE
I enjoy what I do also, Im making money, may not be the big money some of the rowcroppers have ben making last couple years, but keeps me here and out of town. I also agree that most of the guys running the big new machinery and farm fairly large, are mostly 2-3-4 generation guys that have had alot of help along the way, but also know of several operations like that, that grandpa made alot of money feedin cattle back in the day, paid for alot of ground, and now the grandkids dont want to work that hard, so just do rowcrop. Maybe Im still oldfashioned but I think diversity is still a good thing.

There arent alot of the 6 month farmers, here simply because of irrigation. But know alot of rowcroppers that take alot of vacations, quit at decent time in the evening and try and take some time off somewhere in a weekend. Luckily cattle fit me good in that department, cause I dont like to be gone on vacation, I like to stay close to home, sitting in the salebarn is relaxing and a vacation for me. Like a friend off NAT and I were talking bout other day on text message, we'd much rather feed cattle, haul manure, etc, etc, then sit in a Pete in line at a EPlant all winter long hauling $7 corn, that does absolutely nothing for me, Im not built for that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)