AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How would you handle dogs chasing your cattle?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

havin'funfarming
Posted 11/5/2011 09:48 (#2034487 - in reply to #2030154)
Subject: Re: How would you handle dogs chasing your cattle?

Manitoba, Canada
I agree with TIZHOT. You have to be approach this reasonably and with respect to maintain a good relationship with your neighbours. If you shoot the dogs and then cover it up and lie about it he would probably suspect you did it anyway even without proof. He doesn't need proof of what you did, he just has to suspect it and your relationship may take a turn for the worst. Keeping a cool head now may pay dividends for you in the future. I would approach him and make it clear that something needs to be done as you can not afford to have your cattle being chased. Ask him what he thinks the best solution would be and maybe offer to help him install his fence system. I don't know his situation but maybe he has no problem paying for it but just honestly hasn't had time yet to do it. Maybe as a temporary solution he could tie up his dogs until the fence is installed. It sounds like he understands his dogs behavior is not acceptable as he already disciplined his dogs once. I would try a diplomatic approach first.

Edited by havin'funfarming 11/5/2011 09:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)