AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How would you handle dogs chasing your cattle?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

AGFARMER
Posted 11/2/2011 12:06 (#2030252 - in reply to #2030190)
Subject: Re: How would you handle dogs chasing your cattle?

Courtland Alabama (North Alabama) War Eagle.
I had this problem also with a little twist to it, my dogs was chasing my neighbors cows and the neighbor was my brother BUT the cows would come over on MY land because of bad fencing and thats always where the chase started at. Once they got with a stray and cut a cow up bad, he borrowed a gun from me and shoot the stray and told me next time he would kill my dogs. I agreed and didnt have a problem with that, I would even loan him a gun to do it but after that if any cow crossed the fence and got on my land I was going to kill the cow or cows. I guess everthing worked out alright my dogs are still alive. I said all this just to say if you follow most of the posters advice and I would be the first one to say you have a right to kill the dogs on sight, it could mean some major financial implications for you. I think almost everone with cows has them to get out ever now and then. It's best to try to keep your temper in check and try hard to work things out in a civil manor if at all possible. It would be my guess that most of the posters that said kill right off the bat with no thought giving to how the problem could be resolved in any other way would like it if their neighbor shoot their cows when they got thru the fence and got on the neighbor's land. Just my thoughts
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)