AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is wrong with Organic food?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jdflyer
Posted 4/9/2011 11:51 (#1715970 - in reply to #1715924)
Subject: Re: What is wrong with Organic food?

Centralia, MO
It is put quite succinctly in a video on the subject I saw recently. The video has been posted here in the past. Basically it says that if you think all food production should be "organic" you need to decide which 1/3 of the world's population is going to starve to death.

Farmers use chemicals and GMO technologies for valid reasons. Mostly because they allow us to produce more commodity at an acceptable and profitable cost. Should these chemicals and technologies be thoroughly tested and proven safe before use? Absolutely, I have no desire to poison anyone.

I think most of the negative reaction to organic production is due to the proliferation of junk science and propaganda by organic advocates to try to sell their products by undermining non-organic producers. A current example is the attempt to demonize corn growers and processors by making the claim that somehow fructose is a "bad" sugar and sucrose is the "real" sugar. In this case the advocates are actually going to the step of pitting one natural product against another.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)