AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windows: 7, Vista, or XP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 12/20/2010 18:14 (#1497195 - in reply to #1497135)
Subject: RE: Windows: 7, Vista, or XP

I forgot about XP a long time ago for my personal use. We switched to Mac's last spring and have been very happy with them, only wish I had done it sooner. I just mentioned staying with XP for Brad because for what his parents are going to use it for it is more than enough.

As for Vista, we had XP in all of our home computers and bought my daughter a new one for college. Vista was what it came with. Had a cousin who is an IT guy get it and set it up for her. KSU has their own resnet antivirus program that they install before the kids can get on line at the school. It had problems working with Vista, would lock it up, crash it, you name it. I only know enough to fuddle my way through things, absolutely not enough to be able to talk her through problems 120 miles away. She had a good friend with a Mac Book and it never had a hitch all year long.

We had a desktop with XP on it running 24/7 in the house, used to have to reboot it at least once a week to keep it from locking up. Went to 7 when it was still beta on it and it would still need to be rebooted about once a month. Went to an iMac and I think we've had to boot it twice since March last spring and both of those times was because for what ever reason our scanner got hung up and wouldn't open the scan program.

The thing I love about the Mac's is that the resume feature really works slick, just close the lid when you quit, open it up and within a few seconds it's back right where you left off, nothing lost. The battery life also seems to be a lot better than our Dell's or Toshiba's were.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)