AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windows: 7, Vista, or XP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

beh
Posted 12/20/2010 00:10 (#1496255)
Subject: Windows: 7, Vista, or XP

Heil Harvesting, Ulysses KS/Limon CO
What would you guys recommend?

Here is the situation:

It is my parents PERSONAL computer.
Gateway laptop, forget the model, about three years old.
Usage is very basic. Word processing, internet.
It is time to reformat. In the last couple months it has gotten very slow. Basic adware/malware/antivirus programs or the 'fix it' CD that came with it do not seem to help. I do not know enough about Vista to dig into it myself and figure my next computer and the business will be 7 or newer depending on how long the hardware on my computer works. In other words, no desire to learn.

I really have no complaints with Vista, though I understand that many people have had issues with Vista like they had issues with 98/2000. No record keeping is being done on this computer, no yield stuff. It is a personal computer that meets my parents personal needs. Its only business application is online bidding and shopping because we would rather sit in the house than the shop to do that.

I know nothing about Windows 7.

I run XP as well as the business computer runs XP. Both Pro. I REALLY like XP but it is a dated system. Some of my newer personal applications don't run great with XP. Probably never be an issue for Mom and Dad.

This would be a no brainer if Gateway actually sold an operating system with the computer. Vista it would be. Repair CD only and it does no good. Being stuck buying something what should it be?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)