AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Been looking at "first combine" and "first grain bin" posts on Cafe, what about computers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Posted 2/24/2010 18:00 (#1091742 - in reply to #1091431)
Subject: Re: Been looking at "first combine" and "first grain bin" posts on Cafe, what about computers?

Neighbor came by one morning in 1983. He said let's go look at computers ! I said, "Huh ?"

We drove a lot of miles and by that evening, we looked at the 1st computer all day that functioned with text menus instead of DOS. I bought it: $5,200 with 2-5 1/4 floppy drives, printer, mouse (none of the others had the "mouse" thing) and black/green monitor. It was an Apple IIe. Buddy got mad, said you don't want to buy that ! It don't run DOS !

He wouldn't talk to me about computers for 5 or 6 years. He bought his 1st PC in the late 90's ?

I ran Visi-Calc and a single entry farm software package called Farm Ledger Pro. Have loved computing ever since. Migrated to an Apple IIgs, then my 1st Mac around 1990. Oh yeah, they had the new Macintosh on display when I bought my 1st Apple IIe. Wow ! What a neat little machine. But outta my price range.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)