AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What can you tell me about Chevy's 1/2 ton crew cab with the 5.3 motor in it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

DBH
Posted 11/11/2009 19:28 (#920866 - in reply to #920639)
Subject: Re: What can you tell me about Chevy's 1/2 ton crew cab with the 5.3 motor in it?

Eastern Washington
Mine is a 07 crew cab 5.3 with 3.73 gears, it gets 17 to 17.5mpg seems like no matter what. Rides great, drives great, has 150k miles at this point, front end is starting to get a little loose, I put one set of brakes on the rear, other than that I put gas in it and change oil when I get a chance to. I pull a tandem axle car trailer with it that maybe gross's 6000 to 8000lbs just fine just make sure you get the tow package with the trans cooler. My biggest complaints are the rain sensitive wipers (don't work when they need to and go crazy when they don't need to), the stabilitrac and the traction control I could do without, you can turn them off but as soon as you turn the key off they go back to on again, they work ok but are a pain when you start down a muddy pivot road and forget to turn them off. The park assist sensors on the back bumper are useless, the gravel roads eat up the wireing then they don't work. And last there is the "fuel tank vent solinoid" keeps the check engine light on all the time, somebody decided that a good place to put the vent tube was on top of the transmission where it will never get any dirt in it................LOL. I'll probabley get another in the spring theres nothing else that will compete as far as I can see for what I do.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)