AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Glyphsate in Breakfast Cereals.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

TheBonePile
Posted 10/25/2018 15:19 (#7064684 - in reply to #7064543)
Subject: RE: Glyphsate in Breakfast Cereals.

Southeast South Dakota
First I don't live in wheat country or breakfast cereal producing country (I don't think anyway) but is spraying near ripe cereals in prep for harvest a legal labeled use? I don't know anyone that does that. I can't imagine that many acre of wheat are sprayed before harvest that way.

But a scenario - You spray roundup on your beans in the middle of growing season - they dry, leaves fall off, you run 1000 acres of them thru the feeder house up into the combine - put the combine away for winter.

Next summer get the combine out for that 80 acres of oats to be sold to cereal company - get the combine out and go - Run all the oats thru that same feeder house dragging every oat head across the same area that had all those bean stalks against it. Is that enough to contaminate the first 5 bushel that goes thru - the first 1000? the first 10000? What about the wheat stalks that have been growing in the bean root material and the dirt where the roundup was sprayed and thru the bean leaves that were laying on the ground? Is that enough to contaminate the whole wheat field?

Kinda like everything that causes cancer in California - Pretty soon the whole rest of the country just ignores all the warnings - but maybe that will be too late....laws will be passed and human food will have to be grown indoors, supervised. Time will tell

I would say there are far bigger things to worry about - but other people worry about a lot of different things.

On the other side of the coin look at something like lead paint. Everyone used it - nothing wrong with it. But after enough time passes -and people learned more, yes there is something wrong with it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)