AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how's this gonna work with a trade war.. Exxon tweets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 1/11/2017 17:51 (#5760802 - in reply to #5760664)
Subject: RE: how's this gonna work with a trade war.. Exxon tweets

Buxton ND
...China is "pissed" and readying for a fight. PEOTUS has vowed to sink Brazilian ships carrying beef. The RFS could be killed...
-----
Let me see if I have all this straight: Canada is preparing for a trade war w/US Mexico won't build a wall, going bankrupt...
-----
...but hey, at least many got cool red hats out of the deal.

These are just some tweets I picked up today from a very well know market guy. This whole WHAT IF deal between Trump and China. That call to Trump from Taiwan's president was on a Friday evening, that lit up Twitter like a Christmas tree. Me farmb oy usually stay out of politic, I was like why it was such a big deal. So I searched the internet, that was A BIG DEAL and nothing like this had happened since Nixon. I read this as Trump is STANDING HIS GROUND, standing OUR GROUND as Americans.

This is a fair part of the reason I'm heavy hedged in beanies. With that big fall rally, I took the plate of cookies and then some and not gonna stick around to see what happens with Trump vs. China. Since the election the fund boys have been net sellers 6 of the 8 week so looks like their not gonna stick around either. Corn is the same 6 for 8 weeks. The whole Trump vs. China deal is a big unknown, unknowns make traders nervous and nervous traders tend to take they money out of commodity's in general.

The FUN PART for me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, its that 6 for 8 corn and beans net selling is 6 for 8,,,,,,,,, 6 weeks of net BUYING #thewheatparty
I have not heard or read one single person comparing money flows to the election, this is my solely my baby :o)
Sorryyyyyyyy ZW soft wheat guys your party's still hanging over at the feed bunk, if you want steak your gonna have to be happy with wet DG
Both the winter wheat guys, just sit back, mellow out and "twiddle your thumbs"
Wheat down here, really what's the down side risks ?
Say it drops a buck by spring, think the only cost would be round-up to plant corn or beans.
Tomorrows direction of the WW's is pretty much how much each of you planted.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)