AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

About the MIP post below, is this whats happened to the USA?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

berggrenfarms
Posted 7/6/2016 10:35 (#5394972)
Subject: About the MIP post below, is this whats happened to the USA?

Nebraska, The land of corn and cattle

After the arrest for speeding the officer can make a search. He could have taken them down to the station and preformed a strip search, including body orifices, if he so desired. Something to think about the next time your running 1 mph over the speed limit. The cooler being in plain view could possibly give the officer the right to search without the speeding arrest.

This post by idea1947 just struck a cord with me. IMHO the cops have to much power and "leeway" anymore when it comes to petty **** like this. There used to be a time in small towns where while things like the OPs sons deal werent encouraged, but at least there was some common sense used. Ive heard tons of stories like it from my dad and his friends, the cops wouldve taken the beer and told the kids to go home or at least on their way, and maybe phoned or told the parents the next time they saw them. Im sure theres alot of people on here that have the same type of stories. Even back when I was younger, (Im 28 now) I did my share of "booze cruising". Growing up in a small town with very little to do except cruise main and then go out and drive backroads with a couple beers. And while I understand that its "illegal" is it really all that "wrong"? For those of you who did it, and now have or had children of that age, do you feel a bit hypocritical for punishing your kid for doing the same things you did? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)