AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

About the MIP post below, is this whats happened to the USA?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Hereford Guy
Posted 7/6/2016 17:53 (#5395651 - in reply to #5394972)
Subject: RE: About the MIP post below, is this whats happened to the USA?

I'm guilty as charged. I did a lot of it when I was younger BUT, the only time I remember being in any kind of trouble for it was the local deputy gave us two choices, either we could go to the station and he could call our parents to come and get us or we could pour all the beer out on the ground in front of him. We emptied cans pretty fast onto the ground. We figured that was the lesser of the evils. Pulled over for speeding.

Now, when I was 21-25 or so I loved going to the local bar, wasn't much else to do, and a lot of the guys would stop in and drink a few beers after they quit for the day, finished their shifts or whatever but I agree, we used common sense and knew when to say when. Now that I have a teenager I tell her all the time, I don't care if you drink, I did when I was your age but if you are drinking I'd prefer you to drink here at home or if you are somewhere else you call me to come get you. I don't care if it's 3 am. No big deal, no repercussions either. I'd rather you get home safe than you risk a DUI or worse, an accident. That may be hypocritical but times have changed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)