AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 5/10/15*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 5/10/2015 08:00 (#4561266)
Subject: *****Weigh Ins For 5/10/15*****

Good Sunday Morning, and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. All you tough farmers out there, you are all softies at heart and I hope if you still have a mom that you are honoring her today, or if you made someone a mom, help the kids make her day a special one. I am still blessed to have my mom, 91 years old, and my MIL will be 91 this week too. Having them both over to our house today and my son, the one that is living with us because his house burned down, is cooking. What a treat is that. My daughter and my grandson are also coming. Haven't seen Eli for 3 months, way too long.

So onto the business at heart here. Yes, at heart, how to make our heart healthier by getting to a better weight. But losing weight you will help your heart not to work so hard. I should have done some research on this, but I know for every extra pound, your heart has to work so much harder. So lets lighten the load on our body to help our hearts.

We are into month 5 of our weight loss group here. Has it been smooth sailing, or have you struggled a bit. For me the last three weeks have been difficult. I had a gain, then a stay the same and then just a half pound loss. So I knew I had to kick my plan up a notch. Sometimes your body just gets use to what you are doing and it gets harder to lose weight. So this week I pushed my nightly walks harder. I have the app Map My Walk and it tells you how far and how fast you go. So I did go a tad bit farther, from my 2.5 miles to closer to 3 miles but what I did, was try and go faster. While in AZ we would walk about 19 minute miles. Sometimes more if Dave walked with me. But this week I was pushing to get under 17 minute miles and last night I got one of my miles to be under 16 minutes. Now I don't run, with my joint replacements that is just not something I care to do. It did help to as the scale finally moved and I lost 3.2 pounds which kicks my total up to 34 pounds lost.

Dave had a good week too and lost 2 pounds. He goes back and forth a lot, but trying to encourage him to stick with this. He had lots of hours in the tractor this week, but said he didn't take the snacks along. If you don't bring them, you don't eat them.

Corn is finally planted and we picked out the house plans for the new house. Remember to take time for yourself and do things for you that will make you a better you.

Have a good Mother's Day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)