AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Payment reality
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 2/27/2015 14:14 (#4418549)
Subject: Farm Payment reality

Red River Valley
There seems to be a lot of discussion around about the new farm program and the payments that will be issued.

From what I have seen and been told I think many are over estimating what money they will get out of this baby.

If you are in a 50/50 rotation corn bean then your Base acres will be also split 50/50

a 160 acre (1/4 section) of land in most of MN will play out as follows

80 acre corn base / 80 acre bean base

corn payment 80 acre base X 85% = 68 acre of payable base x $79.00 per Acre = $5372.00 corn payment

Bean payment 80 acres base X 85% = 68 acre of payable base X $0.00 per Acre = $0.00 Bean payment for a total farm payment of $5,372.00 on 160 acres or $33.57 per acre total farm payment.

vs old program of about $19.00 per acre or a net gain of $14.00 per acre in the first and most likely best payment year.

You guy's running around tell and talking about $80.00 per acre payment boost and how you need to give it to the landlord or talking why you can pay 300 per acre cash rents might want to go refigure things a bit. MO

Now maybe I don't have this thing figured right but that is how it has been explained to me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)